All of us at The Frenchy Bee want to assure you of an effortless shopping experience.
For your convenience, we have put together some of our customers’ frequently asked questions.
Click on the question, the answer will slide from it's box!
Q: How are shipping fees determined?
- We ship for FREE any US order over $49 (ground level shipping, excludes orders containing perishable items.)
- First Class, Priority and Express shipping are also available at carriers rates (see below). Shipping fees for expedited shipping are calculated based on weight and distance: our shipping fee calculator
is linked to the United States Postal Service and United Parcel Service web sites
which provide quotes in real time from our Zip code (98072) to your Zip code, depending on
the total weight of the items placed in your shopping cart.
- There is a link for determining shipping "as you go" on every page as you purchase your items.
- International Purchases: Duties charged by customs are the responsibility of the buyer. Please familiarize yoursef with possible surcharges prior to purchasing. Packages returned due to failure to pay duties owed will be refunded minus any initial shipping as well as for the return.
- Temperature-controlled items are shipped via UPS Next Day or Second Day Air. If an order contains both perishable and non-perishable items, they will ship separately, you will still be eligible for free shipping for the non-perishable part if over $49.
- Temperature-controlled items are ship on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays (and Thursdays if you opt for NEXT DAY AIR) IF THE UPS BUSINESS CALENDAR ALLOWS NO MORE THAN TWO DAYS IN TRANSIT. PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION.
- Cuttoff time for 2 DAY AIR temperature-controlled orders: Wednesday NOON PST. (Will ship the following Monday after that time)
- Cuttoff time for NEXT DAY AIR temperature-controlled orders: Thursday NOON PST (will ship the following Monday after that time)
- Perishable products such as Meat/Deli cannot be returned.
Q: Is shopping on your site really secure?
We implemented the latest in online security procedures (full SSL encryption of the entire site) to protect your information.
- All information that you provide will be automatically encrypted when transmitted to our server.
- In addition, The Frenchy Bee keeps all customer information confidential: Credit Card numbers are never printed during order processing, and are stored encrypted.
- Your information will never be provided to any outside parties not involved in shipping your order.
Q: What payment methods are accepted?
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit cards online and over the phone.
- You may also use your Paypal account to pay without disclosing your financial information.
- Orders are charged to your credit card account usually 24 to 48 business hours before we ship.
- Orders are charged to your PayPal account at the time the order is placed.
- Special orders must be prepaid.
Q: Do I have a choice in shipping carriers?
- Yes, you may choose between the USPS and UPS within the USA, USPS only for international orders. Several choices of expedition are also offered.
- Orders are processed and shipped daily with most shipping same day.
- Expedited and Priority shipment orders received by us prior to 12:00 pm Pacific Standard Time,
Monday through Friday (excluding holidays and week ends), will be shipped that same day unless item is not in stock (we will contact you if this happens)
- An email with delivery confirmation tracking will also be provided for US customers.
- If a product is out-of-stock for more than 7 business days, you will be notified. Items will not be charged to your credit card account.
- If a product is missing from your package at reception and not mentionned in the shipping confimation email, please contact us within 3 business days.
- International orders may take longer to deliver due to normal international shipping procedures and clearing customs.
- Customs duties are the responsibility of the buyer upon receipt of the order. These duties cannot be determined nor paid by The Frenchy Bee.
- Please be accurate when providing your delivery address. Any surcharges imposed by the shipping carrier due to an incorrect address, refusal of delivery or failure to accept or retrieve packages will be passed to the customer.
- Once an order has shipped, we cannot change the delivery option (example: we cannot upgrade a standard shippingf to am expedited once your order is in transit).
- Perishable orders must ship via UPS Next Day or Second Day Air.
- Perishable orders cannot ship to a PO Box, APO or FPO or outside of the USA.
Q: Can I ship to an address other than my own?
Yes, you will be able to ship to a different address during checkout. If you are a registered customer, you may even store multiple shipping addresses, ready for you for future purchases.
- We are happy to ship gifts to family and friends and do so regularly.
- In addition you may add a gift message that will be included in the package.
- The packing slip included in the box does not display pricing.
- Perishable orders cannot ship to a PO Box, APO or FPO.
Q: Do You Charge Sales Tax?
- Sales tax apply to orders shipped to Washington State resisdents, for NON-FOOD items only.
- Tax rate is calculated based on your destination ZIP code and will be displayed on your confirmation page before you place your order.
Q: How do I check the status of my order?
- Your order status can be checked anytime from the confirmation email you received after you placed your order.
- Additionally, you will receive an automated email notification to inform you about your order's status.
- To make changes to an order, please use our contact form.
- Please have your order number available to expedite our helping you.
Q: What is your return policy?
Our goal is that you will be very happy with your purchases at thefrenchybee.com.
- If you are not completely satisfied you may return the item within 10 days of purchase.
- Please use our contact form for a Return Approval Number.
- Returned items without approval will not be refunded.
- Gift Services are not refundable
- All items must be returned unopened and unused in original sealed product packaging with their tags/barcode stickers for refund or an exchange.
- The customer is responsible for return shipping, insurance and delivery confirmation fees.
- A credit will be issued to your credit card or PayPal account within 10 business days after receipt of returned merchandise.
- Orders which shipped for free: a restocking fee equal to the cost of shipping the items your are returning may be charged at our discretion (and provided to you when we approve your return request), to cover our initial shipping expense (if the order was shipped for free to you, it was not free to us).
- Orders for which you paid a shipping fee: your refund will be the price of the items returned (shipping fees are not elligible for a refund)
- Authorized exchanges: we would be happy to exchange products within 30 days of purchase. The return of items in the initial order falls under our Return Policy. Customer is responsible for full shipping to ship back the exchanged product.
- Original shipping is non-refundable.
- Due to the nature of the products, perishable products such as Meat/Deli cannot be returned or refunded.
- We do not accept returns on special orders, clearance/discontinued/overstock items or items listed in the "Expiring Soon Discounted" food items
Q: Can I include a gift message with my order? Are prices disclosed to the recipient?
- Gift messages are available during regular check out and are automativally printed at the bottom of the packing slip included in the package.
- Packing slips include the name of the items purchased, their quantity, but prices are never disclosed.